Your privacy is important to us. To help you protect it, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
The Violet & Wren Policy sets out why we need to collect personal information, how we collect it, what we do with it, how it's stored and who we might share it with. The Policy also describes how you can access or correct information we hold about you, how you can ask further questions or make a complaint, and information about our websites and online activities.
The information we collect and why we collect it
When creating an account or placing an order online with Violet & Wren, we store your name, email address, billing address and delivery address. We may also need to take a phone number to pass to our delivery partners.
How we store your information
We keep personal information in electronic records, at our premises and the premises of our service providers, which may include processing or storage in the cloud. Where this occurs, we take steps to protect the security and integrity of personal information.
How we use your information
We use personal information about you for the purpose for which it was provided to us, including to:
· process your online orders
· get in touch with you to let you know the progress of your order and we will also ask if you’d like to subscribe to receive marketing emails from Violet & Wren. These keep you up to date with new product launches and exclusive offers.
· to complete your delivery, we need to share some details with our postage partners (whichever courier service you choose when ordering), but we only require the name and address and in some cases phone number relating to the order will be delivered to.
We will never sell personal information for marketing purposes to other organisations or allow such companies to do this.
We do not store any payment information. All payments, whether made by card or PayPal, are all processed through PayPal’s and Stripe’s secure servers.
We are required by UK law to keep personal data relating to sales as part of order information for 7 years, so we are able to produce proof of sales in case of an audit by Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC). After 7 years have passed from your last purchase, we will remove all of this information, unless you have actively subscribed to our mailing list to receive Violet & Wren newsletters. In which case, we will still retain your email address and any other information you volunteer with it (i.e. your full name).
Keeping information secure
Access to and use of personal information within Violet & Wren seeks to prevent misuse or unlawful disclosure of the information — this includes internal policies, training and monitoring of staff.
How you can access or correct your information
You can contact us to request access to or correction of your personal information.
If you have created an account, your account information, including username, emails address and password will be available to be changed on your account when logged in. From there you can also review and download all the personal information we keep on you.
Similarly, the addresses we use for you will be available to edit at any time.
You will also be able to delete your account and all personal data along with it at any time, from the My Account Page.
Dealing with Violet & Wren online
Once you have logged onto the Violet & Website, accessed our website from an e-mail or other personalised communication sent to you, or provided us with personal information by completing a form online, we may be able to identify you and we may combine that with other information in order to provide you with a better online experience. If you would prefer not to be identified you can delete the cookies and reconfigure the cookie preferences on your internet browser (see below)
A 'cookie' is a packet of information placed on a user's computer by a website for record keeping purposes. While cookies are not considered personal information, they are generally used on the Violet & Wren site to:
· retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping carts, and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications such as Google Analytics.
· manage advertising - when you see one of our ads on a third party website, cookies are sometimes used to collect anonymous information about the page you visit and the type of software you are using
· monitor traffic - we use anonymous information to track how people are using the Violet & Wren site. This may include time of visit, pages visited and some system information about the type of computer you are using
· monitor your use of our website to improve usability and make your customer experience better.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. (Each browser is different, so check the Help menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences).
Your rights if you are in the EU
As provided for in the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to access your data; to correct or rectify your data; to delete your data subject to applicable law; to have your data processed only in accordance with applicable law; to have copies of your data to be moved to another controller; to object to our processing your data otherwise than in accordance with the law; and to withdraw any consent to our processing your data at any time. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
to exercise any of those rights.
If you have any questions or complaints regarding privacy or information handling, please write to email@example.com contact us by phone.
Policy updated May 2018